Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Oh, the places you'll go ...

Happy Wednesday, readers!!

May is winding down and June (and summer vacation!) are right around the corner. This summer will be a bittersweet one for me, because it will be the last one that I will be spending in my home town. I've been excited to get out of this place since I can remember, but, now that moving day is drawing near, I am starting to feel twinges of sadness for leaving the one home that I've ever known. But, excitement and adventure await my fiance and me in August when we get settled into our new home, begin new jobs, and I begin my MSW at UTSA.

There is still so much to do for the wedding and for the move, and I've been feeling rather overwhelmed by it all, these past few days especially. There are favors to be made, invitations to be given and programs to be printed, just to mention a few. So, when my sister-in-law invited me to her home a few days ago, I welcomed the distraction. It ended up being quite the fulfilling little adventure, too.

We took her dog, Molly, on a walk through a wooded area behind her apartment complex to a canal that I didn't even know existed. After much persuasion on her part, I shed my flip-flops and joined her and Molly down the dirt banks to the water's edge where we watched the sunset for a good while and just talked. It was so quiet and peaceful and removed from the city. It was hard to believe that bustling traffic of the university was only a few blocks away. I snapped a couple of photos, which I'll share with you here.



I have not felt so in tune with nature in a long time. It's an amazing feeling to just sit and meditate and just be. 

Until next time. 

xoxo, 
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment