Monday, June 4, 2012

Pinterest = DIY Dream!

In about two months, my fiance and I are going to be moving into our new place. It's a two-story rental townhouse with completely bare, completely white walls and beige carpeting. This means just one thing to me - endless decorating opportunities.

When I first started seeking out inspiration, a friend of mine turned me on to Pinterest. It's essentially a virtual version an idea bulletin board. There are bookmarks (pins) that you add to your different categories (boards) and that you can then share with others. If your pins are public, others can come to your boards for inspiration, and visa versa. You can add your own pins as you like, or you can just repin from other members to your heart's content. Check out my boards here to get a feel for the site, or, if you already have an account to follow me if you felt so inclined (hint hint ....).

Most of my pins are DIY or homemaking related, but the possibilities for the boards are endless, because they are chosen and organized by whoever is creating the board. Some pinners use them for fashion ideas, recipe boxes, and even wedding planning. The search engine is is great and lets you search by pins, boards or by people. If you find someone that has great taste, you can follow their boards and get updates whenever they've added new content.

And now, a few of my favorite DIY and home organization pins.


Magnetic strip to hold elusive hair pins, from Superwoman


The ultimate menu board from Once Upon a Chocolate Chip Pancake ... (there is a tutorial here, too!!)


A fantastic and simple wreath from The High Heeled Hostess


Until next time.

xoxo,
Alex

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Pinterest! I have so far resisted her siren song but then you go and link to DIY projects that look awesome. Dang!

    ;)

    --melydia@swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Pinterest how I love it. There is just not enough time in the day.

    ~J3ss1ca (Swap-Bot)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I don't get this pininterest. But if so many people say it's great I guess I need to check it once more. Maybe I will change my opinion.
    But besides... The menu board is great. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously! I pretty much only love pinterest for all the interesting and awesome DIYs! I have a board just for all the rad DIYs I want to try out some day! XD
    ~Chelsea (kawaiicupcakes on swapbot)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: pinterest follow bot

    ReplyDelete