Friday, June 15, 2012

Has It Really Been Five Days??

Has it really been five days since I posted last?? Goodness! Things have really gotten away from me with the move and the wedding.

We've got nearly everything in the living room packed now. The move still seems so far away, but I realize that it's just a month and a half away. The fiance and I got to see our new home last weekend, and we're quite excited to begin our new life there. We're hoping to take all of our boxes up the last weekend of July and then move our furniture the first weekend of August. Hopefully we'll be all in and settled the second weekend of August, so it's not the far off!

It's still hard to believe that I am leaving my hometown. I've been trying to leave since I graduated high school, but something always came up and the plans never panned out. Now that we're actually leaving, I'm experiencing a mix of excitement and nostalgia. We'll be leaving behind our family and friends and the only home that either of us has ever known. It's scary, but exciting. :)

Now back to packing! Despite my attempts at an organization system, the den still seems to look like a tornado has blown through it. Oh well. I guess that's just one of the hazards of moving!

Until next time.

xoxo,
Alex

3 comments:

  1. Leaving my hometown was a pretty surreal experience for me, but I did it in stages: I went away to college so I was gone most of the time, but all my stuff was right where I'd left it when I came back for vacation. Moving all of my stuff from Illinois to Virginia was strange - bittersweet, kind of. What's really neat now is showing my hometown to my husband, who didn't grow up there. It helps me appreciate it more.

    Good luck with the move! :)

    --melydia@swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the thing about moving. No matter how much you plan it will always be a mess. ;)

    ~J3ss1ca (Swap-Bot)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left my hometown when I was 18, to go on a college.. and I never came back.. I've moved a two more times after that and I am not sure that I want move again :) I just love all the excitement about moving!

    ReplyDelete