Thursday, July 5, 2012

Just one week now!!

In just over one week, I am going to be tying the knot in a little Italian bistro here in my hometown. My fiance and I have been together for eight and a half years now. It's hard to believe ... time just flies by far too quickly. There are just a few little details left to manage, and then we'll be set to go for the big day!

When I initially set out to plan my wedding, I wanted everything to DIY. Of course, as time went on, I realized that I had to abandon a few of those ambitions, but the one thing that I held fast to was creating my own invitations, and I'm glad that I did! I created the invitations that I wanted, and for a fraction of the price! I didn't use any fancy programs, either, just MS Word 2010. Even then, I didn't use any advanced functions, so you could probably do the same in MS Word Starter, which is coming standard on most new computers now. If you're brave, you could even attempt in in Open Office!

All in all, the invitations took me about a week to create and perfect. I ran the wording by my bridesmaids and others whose input was important to me before I went ahead and printed them out. Find the perfect paper ended up being a pain as well, but I ended up finding an invitation suite at Target that worked out perfectly and that I was immensely happy with!

Without further adieu, I present the wedding invitations!



and the matching RSVP!


Planning the wedding has been an great experience. We had a very low budget, and so most of our wedding was done by our own hands. My bridesmaids were amazing every step of the way, and even though there have been a few bumps in the road (but, really, when are there not?), I wish such a smooth planning process on everyone! My wedding is next Sunday. At that point, I'll post more photos of our DIY projects. For now, though, we're keeping it under wraps!



1 comment:

  1. Dear Alex Sparrow,

    I'm one of your partner under Check Out My Blog/Website

    I really like your wedding invitations, look so nice.

    Happy Swapping!

    Jernnie (Crowningmoment)

    ReplyDelete