Monday, May 21, 2012

Well, hello there!


I have put a ridiculous amount of work into starting my first blog. Like, a seriously ridiculous amount of work. I researched a number of "methods" for beginning that very daunting first blog post.  I drew up quite a few plans for organizing all of my content. I even tried my hand at creating my own graphics, which ended up taking too long in proportion to the success I saw. At the end of it all, I decided to open with a paragraph about my obsessive compulsive nature and how insane it was starting this blog. So, I'll leave you to judge my success in all this research and planning.

My name is Alex Sparrow. I'm 26 years old. I grew up in Deep South Texas, but I'm not going to be living here much longer. My life is changing pretty quickly, and I'm finding myself getting lost in the whirlwind. In July, I will be marrying my high school sweetheart - we've been together eight years. Two weeks after that, he and I are moving to San Antonio and starting a  new chapter. Shortly after that, I will be starting my first semester at the University of Texas San Antonio as a student of the Master's of Social Work Program.

This blog is not intended to be a diary, but I do plan on drawing on my everyday experiences. After all, it's best to write what you know, right? I love crafting, cooking, baking and everything general homemaking. Trying to balance being a wife, working, and going to school is going to be an interesting experience and I look forward to sharing it with everyone. I'm hoping that I can create content that is relevant and helpful and bring a little humor your way, too.

Until next time.

xoxo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment